Sunday, June 5, 2022

The Scorned Woman

 https://micheleelys.com/2019/01/28/the-scorned-woman/

THE SCORNED WOMAN

In my childhood, a familiar face, touched my body –

I sat there like a doll, he touched me again and again!

He told me that this was a secret game – not to be told to anyone!

With time, the game lay deep within a box in my mind, with dust piling upon it.

I grew up as a woman, the games no longer a child’s play.

With thousands of unseen scars and stains!

When the name of a damned woman was embedded upon my body and mind, I could not even understand what it all could mean!

I was stained as a scorned woman!

Many more hands, touched me, time and again,

The games turned out to be venom for me!

The marks of a shamed woman was bestowed upon me with sarcasm,

Making me bolder and rebellious,

Standing up against the gentle masks behind the actual facades!

I became fearless, finally rising against my own ashes!

My body is holy to me. My soul, covered with blood, yet complete and serene!

I was told by many – if I protest, the society will rebuke me!

Women who stand up for their rights are humiliated!

Many said, girls should be shy! Should be tolerant, be humble!

I did not bow down! Now, not a child anymore who did not understand the imprisonment, I broke free from the cage that chained me,

I told myself, do not be afraid to strip the masks of those people, who play games with a woman!

I did not care about the scorn, I told myself not to break down, not to crumble time and again – not to be afraid of speaking the truth,

I walk with a spine even today, and fight every moment – express my protest loud and clear!

I am proud of who I am! I am not ashamed of my story.

I am not a scorned woman in the so-called civilized society!



No comments:

Post a Comment